We're always looking to amplify our business with new talent.
Social Media Manager
Two Octobers is a boutique digital agency providing online marketing services with a strong focus on measurable results. Our team is small, smart, and fanatically analytical. We’re looking for bright, energetic marketing professionals to help us grow.
Our current opening is for a Social Media Manager.
Two Octobers’ work environment is friendly and results-oriented. Our core values are: be smarter; answer questions with data; start with a business goal; be collaborative; understand consumer behavior; get ideas from humans, get efficiency from tools.
We also like dogs in the office, unless they are crazy. We like crazy dogs too, just not in the office.
Learn more about our company at http://twooctobers.com/ . If you’re interested in the Social Media Manager position, please provide a cover letter and resume via Indeed.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The social media manager manages and assists with client accounts, with primary responsibility for social media and content marketing campaigns. Additional responsibilities include content writing, regular reporting, client communication, research and other activities related to the successful execution of digital marketing campaigns.
Our goal with every client is to demonstrate that digital marketing is having a real business impact. As social media manager, you will be expected to serve this goal with passion and creativity, using every resource at your disposal.
Job Responsibilities .
- Social media advertising – set up, manage and optimize social media advertising campaigns.
- Social media for SEO – work on social media and content projects and tasks for search engine optimization.
- Content strategy and execution
- Social media strategy and best practices recommendations for clients
- Social media audits
- Performance measurement and reporting
- SEO copywriting and short-form marketing content for lead gen, blog posts, and websites.
- Client and campaign management
- Provide account management and digital services to clients; develop new and improve existing campaigns, and pursue new opportunities.
- Understand and support clients’ business goals.
- Research, manage and optimize search, video, retargeting, social media advertising campaigns, and content projects.
- Primary focus is on the research, management, and optimization of social media advertising campaigns with some focus on search, video, and retargeting campaigns.
- Manage and track utilization, performance, and traffic analytics to optimize keywords.
- Ensure campaigns stay within budget and meet utilization and quality expectations.
- Build strong relationships with clients and effectively communicate strategy, opportunities, and results with stakeholders.
- Conduct market research related to client verticals.
- Work collaboratively with other account managers and subject matter experts to develop and optimize marketing strategies for clients.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient at social media marketing, with demonstrated experience driving business results through Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social channels and networks.
- Demonstrated professional business writing skills as well as SEO specific writing skills.
- Presentation skills, including construction of effective presentations and delivery to audiences with varying levels of knowledge.
- Proficient in Excel – adept with data analysis and modeling performance data.
- Proficient in Google Analytics.
- Aptitude for analytical and quantitative reasoning; ability to identify business questions and conduct data analyses in order to find answers.
- Demonstrated ability to apply marketing concepts to achieve business goals.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding consumer behavior.
- Ability to prioritize projects, pay excellent attention to detail, and multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and active listening skills.
- Function effectively under pressure and maintain a sense of humor.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to help wherever needed, and to encourage teamwork.
- Work effectively in a diverse team environment.
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Business or related field is desirable. Will consider a combination of experience and education related to the position.
- 5 years of experience in digital media and related disciplines, including 3 years of social media marketing experience managing social media campaigns.
- Experienced in paid advertising.
- Professional writing experience
Essential Job Functions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle items: must be able to use hands, stoop, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
- Sit for extended periods of time at computer.
- Ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less, and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job, and be able to communicate clearly.
- Able to perform and complete multiple tasks.
Job Type: Full-time
- digital media: 5 years
- Social Media Marketing: 3 years
- paid advertising: 3 years
- SEO writing: 3 years