We're always looking to amplify our business with new talent.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Two Octobers is a boutique digital agency providing online marketing services with a strong focus on measurable results. Our team is small, smart, and fanatically analytical. We’re looking for bright, energetic marketing professionals to help us grow.
Two Octobers’ work environment is friendly and results-oriented. Our core values are: be smarter; answer questions with data; start with a business goal; be collaborative; understand consumer behavior; get ideas from humans, get efficiency from tools.
We also like dogs in the office, unless they are crazy. We like crazy dogs too, just not in the office.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Digital Marketing Specialist supports our delivery of digital marketing services while developing and growing a skillset in search marketing, social media, content marketing, and analytics. Digital Marketing Specialists work under experienced practitioners executing tasks to support our clients’ digital marketing programs. Digital marketing is by its nature a detail-oriented, analytical craft, and our most successful specialists thrive in its technical nature.
Our goal with every client is to demonstrate that digital marketing is having positive business impact. As a member of our team, you will be expected to serve this goal with passion, creativity, and a fair bit of Google Sheets.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day management of seo, sem, and social projects at Two Octobers.
- Work with the digital marketing team to give input and develop strategies to improve client presence on the web.
- Complete tasks related to the research, planning, and implementation of digital marketing campaigns, including local listing management, website review, keyword development, ad copy creation and testing, account set-up, bid and budget management, and reporting.
- Analyze data from sources including Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook Ads, SEMrush. Use insights to optimize campaigns and develop new ones.
- Perform website usability tasks; optimize and test to boost campaign performance.
- Assist in support to client through contributions to reports and attendance at meetings; focus on positive results and areas for improvement.
- Learn and utilize the latest in technology tools and resources.
- Identify new areas for personal growth and career development.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing in business. Demonstrated aptitude for understanding consumer behavior.
- School or work experience developing and analyzing trends and insights with different types of data.
- A strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Proficiency in Google Docs and/or Microsoft Office Suite, especially Google Sheets and Microsoft Excel.
- Aptitude for analytical and quantitative reasoning; ability to identify business questions and conduct data analyses in order to find answers.
- Knowledge of AdWords and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Organizational, problem solving, and time management skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects, pay attention to detail, and multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and active listening skills.
- Function effectively under pressure and maintain a sense of humor.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Willingness to help wherever needed,and to encourage teamwork.
- Work effectively in a diverse team environment.
Education and Experience
- 4-year degree in Marketing, Finance, Business or related field is desirable. Will consider a combination of experience and education related to the position.
- Knowledge of digital marketing is a plus.
- Experience or skills that demonstrate a quantitative and analytical mindset.
Essential Job Functions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle items: must be able to use hands, stoop, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time at computer.
- Ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less, and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job, and be able to communicate clearly.
- Must be able to perform and complete multiple tasks.
Other Open Roles
No other roles are open right now, but if you are a fanatically analytical marketer and enjoy working in a team environment, we would love to hear from you.