We're always looking to amplify our business with new talent.
Two Octobers is a boutique digital agency providing online marketing services with a strong focus on measurable results. Our team is small, smart, and fanatically analytical. We’re looking for bright, energetic marketing professionals to help us grow.
Two Octobers’ work environment is friendly and results-oriented. Our core values are: be smarter; answer questions with data; start with a business goal; be collaborative; understand consumer behavior; get ideas from humans, get efficiency from tools.
We also like dogs in the office, unless they are crazy. We like crazy dogs too, just not in the office.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The SEO Manager is responsible for delivering SEO services for both local and national client accounts. This experienced SEO professional will assess, design, and implement SEO services and projects.
Our goal with every client is to demonstrate that digital marketing is having a real business impact. As SEO Account Manager, you will be expected to serve this goal with passion and creativity, using every resource at your disposal.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of client SEO campaigns.
- Understand clients’ business goals and what it takes to deliver excellent service.
- Identify and measure Key Performance Indicators, analyze the impact of SEO efforts, and communicate results to the Director of SEO, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze and document issues and SEO opportunities on client websites.
- Develop SEO strategies to meet individual client needs.
- Deploy appropriate SEO tactics.
- Follow established processes.
- Communicate with clients and other stakeholders in a professional manner.
- Provide leadership; guide and mentor junior SEO team members.
Knowledge and Skills
- High level of proficiency in Search Engine Optimization, including:
- In-depth analysis of the technical (code) elements that influence search engine performance.
- Content analysis and optimization.
- Mobile optimization.
- Citations, Link building, and Brand mentions.
- Website navigation, user experience, and information architecture.
- org markup.
- Reputation management.
- A/B Landing Page Testing.
- Social media.
- Google Analytics and Google Search Console (webmaster tools).
- 3rd party SEO and analytics tools.
- SEO success metrics and reporting.
- High level of proficiency in Excel or Google Sheets, including pivot tables, vlookups, and formula building for text manipulation and data analysis.
- High level of proficiency in Google Analytics.
- Strong knowledge Digital Marketing activities such as SEM, website usability, remarketing/retention, and display media optimization.
- Understanding and basic programing of HTML.
- Demonstrated aptitude for understanding consumer behavior.
- Strong aptitude for analytical and quantitative reasoning – ability to identify business questions and conduct data analyses in order to find answers.
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and project management skills.
- Ability to prioritize projects, pay excellent attention to detail, and multi-task.
- Strong written, verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Function effectively under pressure and maintain a sense of humor.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Work collaboratively with Clients, internal team, and other stakeholders.
- Willingness to help wherever needed, and to encourage teamwork.
- Experience copywriting for web a plus.
Education and Experience
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Business or related coursework preferred. Will consider a combination of experience and education related to position.
- 5 years of experience in digital media and related disciplines, including 3 years of direct SEO experience .
- Strong business acumen with broad digital and search marketing knowledge.
- Supervisory or other experience that demonstrates leadership capability.
Essential Job Functions
- Manual dexterity sufficient to reach and handle items: must be able to use hands, stoop, bend, and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time at computer.
- Ability to have clear vision at 20 inches or less, and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job, and be able to communicate clearly.
- Able to perform and complete multiple tasks.
Other Open Roles
If you are a fanatically analytical marketer and enjoy working in a team environment, we would love to hear from you.