Senior SEO Manager
We’re hiring for a senior SEO manager! Read the job description below, and submit your resume if you’d like to apply.
Come work with us
The Senior SEO Manager is responsible for delivering SEO services for our clients. This experienced SEO professional will assess, design, and implement SEO projects to meet clients’ goals, as well as provide input and guidance to other SEO team members. The role requires a high degree of technical expertise.
Our goal with every client is to demonstrate that digital marketing is having a real business impact. As Senior SEO Manager, you will be expected to serve this goal with passion and creativity, using every resource at your disposal.
Two Octobers is a Certified B Corporation. Our purpose is to make the world a better place by cultivating growth in values-driven organizations. We seek to be a positive force in the lives of our clients, our employees, the community, and the world as a whole.
We are open to U.S-based remote, as well as Denver-based applicants.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Manage all aspects of client SEO programs, including keyword research and page optimization, content strategy, local SEO, technical optimization and authority development.
- Develop SEO strategies that support client business goals including identifying and addressing site enhancements such as optimized meta data, structured data markup, internal linking, page speed and site architecture. Discuss and problem solve technical issues with developers.
- Develop and implement client-specific content strategies and plans with the primary goal of increasing SEO traffic and conversions. Perform topic and keyword research and competitive analysis to guide content plans. Coordinate execution with content producers.
- Plan and execute programs to support visibility in local rankings, including Google My Business optimization and local website pages.
- Measure results of SEO implementations using tools such as Google Search Console, Google Analytics and SEMRush. Prepare monthly reports for clients and communicate insights.
- Build strong client relationships, utilizing demonstrated client service and relationship management skills.
- Effectively communicate strategy, opportunities, and results with clients and all stakeholders.
- Work with SEO colleagues to continuously improve deliverables and documented best practices
- Guide and mentor junior team members.
All employees of Two Octobers aspire to continuously improve ourselves, the company, and our work, in keeping with our values, our purpose and our commitment to being a positive force.
- Work in accordance with our values:
- Do better together – We value teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement. We share knowledge to help each other, our clients, and our community thrive.
- Embrace curiosity – We seek to learn from everywhere and everyone in order to to fuel innovation and grow as individuals.
- Do good work – When we do something we do it well and continuously seek to do better. We have a positive impact on clients, each other, and the world.
- Be analytical – We start by understanding the problem. We measure, analyze and test. We deliver better results.
- Celebrate diverse perspectives and backgrounds and honor every person’s voice.
- Share feelings, ideas and perspectives openly and with compassion for others.
- Consider environmental impact in all actions and decisions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Proficient in search engine optimization, such as:
- technical analysis and recommendations
- local SEO & Google My Business
- conversion rate optimization and user experience
- keyword & content optimization
- Proficient in Google Analytics and Google Search Console, including setup, troubleshooting, and advanced reporting.
- Proficient in Google Sheets and/or Excel. Adept with pivot tables, vlookups and formula building for data analysis.
- Strong writing and editing skills with high attention to detail.
- Client-facing experience is required.
- Aptitude for analytical and quantitative reasoning; work experience demonstrating ability to identify business questions and conduct data analyses in order to find answers.
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing in business. Demonstrated aptitude for understanding consumer behavior.
- Organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Ability to prioritize projects, pay attention to detail, and multi-task. Function effectively under pressure and maintain a sense of humor.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Willingness to help wherever needed, and to encourage teamwork.
Education and Experience
- 6 years of experience in digital marketing and related disciplines, including 4 years of direct SEO experience.
- 4 year degree in Marketing, Business or related coursework preferred. Will consider a combination of experience and education related to position.
- Experience or skills that demonstrate a quantitative and analytical mindset.
Essential Job Functions
- Requires ability to work for extended periods of time at a computer.
- Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job, and be able to communicate clearly.