Two Octobers Apprenticeship
Your Onramp to Digital Marketing
Worried that you don’t have the qualifications or training to get the job of your dreams? A job that challenges, excites and puts you on a great path for the future? Our digital marketing apprenticeship takes you through a paid program with on-the-job training and outside instruction to become a fully qualified digital marketer. And it meets the requirements of the Department of Labor Registered Apprenticeship program.
Note: we do not currently have any openings for digital marketing apprentices.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing is marketing that appears on a computer, phone, tablet, or other device. Typically, a product or service is being promoted in order to get someone to take an action online. It differs from traditional marketing in that it is all done online.
If that excites you, continue reading! We offer a digital marketing apprenticeship where you can learn these skills without a college education.
What is the apprenticeship program like at Two Octobers?
- The apprenticeship is open to anyone 18 or older with a high school diploma or GED. We do not require work experience or post-high-school education.
- The apprenticeship is expected to take about three years. Completion of the apprenticeship is based on demonstration of a list of competencies and related instruction, so it could take more or less time than that.
- For the first year, the apprentice is a paid intern at Two Octobers, working 10-20 hours per week. There may be an opportunity to shift to a full-time position, depending on workload and competencies completed.
- After the first year, the apprentice is expected to be a full-time employee of Two Octobers, with full benefits.
- We provide extensive on-the-job training for the duration of the apprenticeship. Apprentices are also required to do some community college and online coursework.
- Our goal is to be able to offer apprentices permanent employment at Two Octobers at the completion of the apprenticeship.
The digital marketing apprentice timeline
What does a digital marketing apprentice learn?
The program we have developed is designed to provide broad exposure and hands-on training in a wide range of topics and skills. Two Octobers has been training digital marketers for over 10 years, and our work covers all of the major aspects of digital marketing. After completing the apprenticeship, a person could choose to focus on a specific marketing channel and become an expert at social media or search engine optimization for example. They could also pursue a career in account management and marketing strategy.
There will be on-the-job training throughout the apprenticeship, in addition to real work on live marketing campaigns. Digital marketing is a technical profession, so the apprentice will be learning aspects of web design and functionality, advanced spreadsheet functions and data analysis in addition to marketing concepts.
The three ingredients of a Registered Apprenticeship are:
- On-the-job training – this is mixed in with regular work. Early on in the apprenticeship, there will be a lot of on-the-job training. Towards the end of the apprenticeship, there will be a lot less.
- Related instruction – this is classroom work, and provides some of the background knowledge and skills required for success.
- Work – this is what sets the apprenticeship apart from getting a degree or certificate in digital marketing. The apprentice will be applying what they learn to real work throughout the apprenticeship.
On-the-job training & related instruction
The following competencies are required to complete the apprenticeship. On-the-job training is designed to teach these skills.
|Search Engine Marketing (SEM) - Reviews components of existing search marketing campaigns. Builds, analyzes, measures, monitors, and assesses digital marketing campaigns.
|Display Marketing - Reviews components of existing display campaigns. Builds, analyzes, measures, monitors, and assesses display campaigns.
|Social Media Marketing - Assesses, plans, and prepares social media campaigns on various social media platforms.
|Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Implements Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics to improve position on Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
|Keyword Research - Performs keyword research for digital marketing campaigns across a variety of disciplines: SEM, SEO, and Content.
|Digital Marketing Tools and Automation - Utilizes internal and external tools for building and optimizing digital marketing campaigns.
|Analytics and Tracking - Implements tracking via Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager in order to set up goals for digital marketing campaigns. Reporting on campaign results to clients using Google Analytics, Data Studio, and other platforms.
|Portfolio-Building and Specialization - Builds portfolios that demonstrate digital marketing competency i.e., content, ecommerce, lead generation, Google Ads Script.
|Account and Task Management - Provides account management and customer service to clients. Builds and maintains strong client relationships. Manages administrative needs of projects.
|Productivity Software and Technical Skills - Demonstrates understanding in the usage of office suite software, including Excel or Google Sheets, in order to process and deliver information to clients.
The apprentice is expected to complete the following coursework early on in the apprenticeship. If the candidate has equivalent prior eduction, some or all of these requirements may be waived. We have partnered with the Colorado Community College System, but an apprentice may fulfill some or all of the related instruction requirements at a different institution with written approval.
|Business Survival Skills
|Introduction to Business
|Legal Environment of Business
|Bus Communication/Report Writing
|ENG 121 or ENG 131
|English Composition or Technical Writing
|Principles of Marketing
|Principles of Advertising
The following courses are also part of required related instruction, and are available on Coursera.
We are committed to providing opportunities of employment to and working with Apprentices. As such, we will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. Two Octobers will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
We are not currently hiring digital marketing apprenticeships, but please drop us a line if you’d like to be considered for future openings.