We’re hiring for a marketing coordinator! This is a part-time, permanent position for 15-20 hours a week. Denver-based applicants are preferred, but remote, U.S.-based applicants will be considered.
Read the job description below, and submit your resume if you’d like to apply. Please provide a cover letter along with your resume. In the cover letter, describe how your creative passions and your technical skills fit together to bring value to the Marketing Coordinator position.
Come work with us
The Marketing Coordinator is an entry-level position that supports our purpose-driven firm while laying the foundation for growing skill sets for a future career in marketing in mind. The Marketing Coordinator works under senior, experienced practitioners executing tasks such as: updating website, project management, building landing pages, creating social media graphics and posts, writing website copy, proofreading, and competitive research to support Two Octobers’ marketing, business development and overall growth. The opportunity to learn, grow, and thrive is high in this key support role.
Digital marketing is by its nature a detail-oriented, analytical craft, and our most successful coordinators thrive in a technical and creative realm. As a Marketing Coordinator, you will be expected to serve these goals with passion, commitment and a desire to grow.
Two Octobers is a purpose-driven company that makes the world a better place by cultivating growth in values-driven organizations. We seek to be a positive force in the lives of our clients, our employees, the community, and the world as a whole.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Marketing Coordinator is introduced to and trained in various skills to support the day-to-day management of digital marketing projects at Two Octobers:
- Update website events, images, copy, and blogs.
- Manage email lists, create and send emails.
- Create and post social media marketing graphics posts.
- Depending on skill set of candidate, may include writing, graphic design, and/or video editing.
- Report on marketing programs’ key metrics.
- Coordinate the status of tasks of multiple ongoing marketing initiatives. Project manage marketing programs to ensure timeliness, effectiveness and efficiency.
- Receive delegated work and communicate internally with team members to provide regular updates on progress and task completion.
All employees of Two Octobers aspire to continuously improve ourselves, the company, and our work, in keeping with our values, our purpose and our commitment to being a positive force.
- Work in accordance with our values:
- Do better together – We value teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement. We share knowledge to help each other, our clients, and our community thrive.
- Embrace curiosity – We seek to learn from everywhere and everyone in order to to fuel innovation and grow as individuals.
- Do good work – When we do something we do it well and continuously seek to do better. We have a positive impact on clients, each other, and the world.
- Be analytical – We start by understanding the problem. We measure, analyze and test. We deliver better results.
- Celebrate diverse perspectives and backgrounds and honor every person’s voice.
- Share feelings, ideas and perspectives openly and with compassion for others.
- Consider environmental impact in all actions and decisions.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge and understanding of marketing in business.
- Some experience in one or more of the following: graphic creation and image editing, video editing, website maintenance, social media administration.
- Good writing skills; ability to proofread others’ writing.
- Understanding of social media platforms including Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Proficiency in Google office suite such as Google Docs.
- Organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Ability to prioritize projects, pay attention to detail, and multitask. Function effectively under pressure and maintain a sense of humor. Ability to work independently, as most work will be remote.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Work effectively in a diverse team environment.
Education and Experience
- College-level or work experience in marketing and business. Will consider other education related to the position.
- Knowledge of digital marketing is a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer.
- Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job, and be able to communicate clearly.
The marketing coordinator position pays $15-18/hour, depending on qualifications.