digital marketing intern
Come work with us
The Digital Marketing Intern is an entry-level position that supports our delivery of digital marketing services while laying the foundation for growing skill sets with a future career in digital marketing in mind. Digital Marketing Interns work under experienced practitioners executing tasks, including keyword and competitive research, local listing management, campaign optimization, and more, to support our clients’ digital marketing programs.
Digital marketing is by its nature a detail-oriented, analytical craft, and our most successful interns thrive in its technical nature.
Our goal with every client is to demonstrate that digital marketing is having a real business impact. As a Digital Marketing Intern, you will be expected to serve this goal with passion and creativity, using every resource at your disposal.
Two Octobers is a purpose-driven company that makes the world a better place by cultivating growth in values-driven organizations. We seek to be a positive force in the lives of our clients, our employees, the community, and the world as a whole.
Primary Job Responsibilities
The Digital Marketing Intern is introduced to and trained in various skills to support the day-to-day management of digital marketing projects at Two Octobers:
- Provides support to the building, analysis, measurement, monitoring, and assessment of search engine marketing and display campaigns.
- Provides support to the assessment, planning, and preparation of social media campaigns on various social media platforms.
- Establishes and maintains knowledge sources for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) tactics, supporting practitioners in the implementation of SEO tactics to improve position on Search Engine Results Page (SERP).
- Trains with mentors to gain an understanding of various digital marketing tools online for the purposes of keyword research and automation.
- Works with mentors to understand and troubleshoot Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager, and may complete tasks under close review. Provides support to report creation, including reviewing data sources and accuracy of data.
- Trains with mentors to learn more about specializations in digital marketing i.e., content, ecommerce, lead generation, Google Ads Script, and may provide support to related campaigns.
- Receives delegated work and communicates internally with team members to provide regular updates on progress and task completion.
- Demonstrates understanding in the usage of office suite software, including Excel or Google Sheets, in order to process and deliver information to clients.
All employees of Two Octobers aspire to continuously improve ourselves, the company, and our work, in keeping with our values, our purpose and our commitment to being a positive force.
- Work in accordance with our values:
- Do better together – We value teamwork and collaboration over individual achievement. We share knowledge to help each other, our clients, and our community thrive.
- Embrace curiosity – We seek to learn from everywhere and everyone in order to to fuel innovation and grow as individuals.
- Do good work – When we do something we do it well and continuously seek to do better. We have a positive impact on clients, each other, and the world.
- Be analytical – We start by understanding the problem. We measure, analyze and test. We deliver better results.
- Celebrate diverse perspectives and backgrounds and honor every person’s voice.
- Share feelings, ideas and perspectives openly and with compassion for others.
- Consider environmental impact in all actions and decisions.
Knowledge and Skills
- A strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Proficiency in G Suite and other office suite software, especially Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.
- Aptitude for analytical and quantitative reasoning; ability to identify business questions and conduct data analyses in order to find answers.
- Knowledge of Google Ads or Google Analytics is a plus.
- Knowledge of other marketing platforms such as Facebook Ads is a plus.
- Organizational, problem solving, and time management skills. Ability to prioritize projects, pay attention to detail, and multi-task. Function effectively under pressure and maintain a sense of humor.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Strong active listening skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills. Work effectively in a diverse team environment.
- Willingness to help wherever needed, and to encourage teamwork.
Education and Experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing is a plus.
- Experience or skills that demonstrate a quantitative and analytical mindset.
Essential Job Functions
- Requires ability to sit for extended periods of time at a computer.
- Requires the ability to speak, read, write, see, and hear to perform essential duties of the job, and be able to communicate clearly.
The marketing intern position pay starts at $17/hour.